Siltsack - Type A
Siltsacks (Silt Filter Bags) are temporary catch basin filters that catches sediment, trash and debris as it enters an inlet. Available in both high flow and regular flow (all high visibility), Siltsack can be manufactured with built-in curb deflectors, a metal frame and overflow holes.
Routine inspection of a Siltsack’s collected sediment level is important to prevent “ponding” around storm drains.
Siltsacks (Silt Filter Bags) can be emptied and re-used for the life of the construction project if well maintained.
Siltsack Options (click to visit other pages):
Type A (original Siltsack) - high-visibility
- Regular flow (this page)
- High flow
Type B (original Siltsack with curb deflector) - high-visibility
Type C (original Siltsack with an adjustable metal frame) - high-visibility
- Color: High visibility yellow fabric
- 3' depth
- Lifting loops attached to help lift from the inlet
- Dump straps attached to bottom to facilitate sediment emptying
- Regular maintenance required, especially after major weather events
Advantages / Benefits:
- Reusable (if maintained)
- US Patented
- Easy to install and economical
- Custom units / sizes available
- Cleanup of the product made easy with our design
- Manufactured with quality materials
For additional product info - click here!
Type A Siltsack Installation & Maintenance Video