Siltsack - Type C (includes adjustable frame)
The Type C Siltsack is the newest addition to the Siltsack family. It offers the same permeable geotextile as a high-flow Siltsack but features an adjustable frame to fit most grates. This unique new design allows for quicker installation and the ability to be reused over multiple grate sizes. Like our other silt sacks, the Type C is a cost-effective temporary catch basin filter that removes sediment, trash and debris from entering a catch basin.
Routine inspection of a Siltsack’s collected sediment level is important to prevent “ponding” around storm drains.
A Siltsack can be emptied and re-used for the life of the construction project if well maintained.
Siltsack Options (click to visit other pages):
Type A (original Siltsack) - high-visibility
Type B (original Siltsack with curb deflector) - high-visibility
Type C (original Siltsack with an adjustable metal frame) - high-visibility
- High-flow (this page)
- Color: High visibility yellow fabric
- 3' depth
- Lifting loops attached to help lift from the inlet
- Dump straps attached to bottom to facilitate sediment emptying
- Restraint cord keeps sides away from catch basin walls and serves as visual indicator to empty the SiltSack
- Regular maintenance required, especially after major weather events
- adjustable metal frame
Advantages / Benefits:
- Reusable (if maintained)
- US Patented
- Easy to install and economical
- Custom units / sizes available
- Fits most grate sizes
- Cleanup of the product made easy with our design
- Manufactured with quality materials
For additional product info - click here!
Type A Siltsack Installation & Maintenance Video