Siltsack - Type B (includes curb deflector)
The Type B Siltsack is a sediment control device designed for combination drains where a drop inlet is coupled with a curb inlet. The Siltsack is made of a permeable geotextile that allows stormwater to filter through while preventing silt and sediment from clogging the drain system.
The Type B Siltsack features a built-in curb deflector, allowing it to protect both the drop and curb inlet at the same time. Siltsack can be used as a primary or secondary sediment control device and must be maintained on a regular basis to function properly. Optional overflow holes are offered to make the Siltsack effective even in the most extreme weather events. Routine inspection of a Siltsack’s collected sediment level is important to prevent “ponding” around storm drains.
A Siltsack can be emptied and re-used for the life of the construction project if well maintained.
Siltsack Options (click to visit other pages):
Type A (original Siltsack) - high-visibility
Type B (original Siltsack with curb deflector) - high-visibility
- Regular flow (this page)
Type C (original Siltsack with an adjustable metal frame) - high-visibility
- Color: High visibility yellow fabric
- 3' depth
- Lifting loops attached to help lift from the inlet
- Dump straps attached to bottom to facilitate sediment emptying
- Restraint cord keeps sides away from catch basin walls and serves as visual indicator to empty the SiltSack
- Regular maintenance required, especially after major weather events
- curb deflector
Advantages / Benefits:
- Reusable (if maintained)
- US Patented
- Easy to install and economical
- Custom units / sizes available
For additional product info - click here!
Type A Siltsack Installation & Maintenance Video